Summer Catalogue

Monday, August 07, 2006

Magical eBay Moments

Posted by Abbey's Carolinas This-N-That | E-Mail The Author

My Mom died in November 1998. At the time, there was only one granddaughter in our family who was 16 at the time.

LB married in 2003 at the age of 21 after finishing undergraduate school one year early by taking full summer loads. I really wanted to get her something very special for a combination wedding/graduation gift. So, I asked her. And her reply astonished me. She said, "Aunt Ab, more than anything I would like to have enough place settings for the immediate family's table at the wedding reception that are complete with pink depression glass."

My Mom had left her several pieces of pink depression glass upon her death, but there was not a complete place setting, let alone 8. So, began my mission.

And with only three months to accomplish, I found the pieces to make those place settings using the assistance of 12 sellers on the eBay site. To my surprise and happy tears, at the immediate family table on the night of the wedding reception there were nine settings. LB used the pieces she inherited from my Mom to make a place setting for "Nanny" right next to her.

The entire table looked amazing. One of the sellers whom I had purchased the most from and shared the story with connected me with some referrals to assist me when I was having difficulty finding the last few pieces. Madeline, the seller, went even further and provided the pink and white carnations for the table's center piece that evening as a surprise gift to me for the amount of purchases that I had made from her eBay store.

This was indeed a magic moment. LB sent personal thank you cards to each seller for making her wedding wish a reality.

Abbey







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ArtFire - Buy Handmade - Sell Handmade

SELL WITH NO LISTING FEES
Register Here !





Blog Of the Week


Winsome Gunning Art WalkDon't miss all the fun ... go check-out their AWESOME blog !



Visitors Since
June 17th, 2006:















Abbey's Carolinas This-N-That
Annabella's Gift Shop
Ann's Mix-N-Match Mosaics
Bauers Toys For All Ages
Blue Morning Expressions
Carolina Girl
Cookie Jar Junction
Creative Beadz
Cynderellis Books and Crafts
Divine Nature Cosmetics
Fraziers Finds
Gear For Health
HTF Toys and More
JoFlora's Unique Antiques
Kalama Quilts Crafts Books and More
Kathy's Kupboard
KC's Kozy Korner
Lorna’s Re-Use It Decor
Lynn's Vintage Villa
Maggie's Handcraft Studio
More Fond Memories Antiques
My Mercado Mexican Imports
Once Upon A Bid
Paper Lion
Pinman's Stamp Pin Design Store
Red Headed Witch
REJOICE Used Church Choir Music
Scarborough Seashells
Silver Lotus
Solovay Contemporary Art
Something 4 Sum1
Sooshis Corner
STC Rubber Stamps
Take Time For Fun
Teaphoria
0tinam0 Scrapbooks Galore
The Treasure Nest
Treats For All
Winter House Wares

Want to find simply the best service, prices, and selection on eBay ? Search eBay Stores and find exactly what you are looking for !


Make your voice heard.