Summer Catalogue

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Special Interest Books - A Specialized Reference

Posted by Kathy | E-Mail The Author

Sometimes a book catches my interest and I just look for an excuse to purchase it. My family has ceased to raise those eyebrows - snicker - or provide comments that for the most part may be unprintable! My husband took one look at this one and -- if he had hair left on the top of his head, his darn eyebrows would have disappeared, they went so high. Can't help it -- I found this one at a book show and kept going back to it. So now I have it in our bookstore - I found it interesting..

OK, I have never owned a gun in my life - don't like to handle them, don't want one in my house. I can still remember vividly the two black eyes I received from recoil when a friend tried to teach me how to shoot a .44 Magnum revolver (Smith & Wesson). Yep -- no one told me to straighten my elbows before pulling the trigger. And I had to get my new driver's license picture the next day -- so for three years my driver's license had a picture of me with two black eyes. Sheesh....

As I told Joe -- doesn't mean I can't appreciate the information and the sheer artistry of the workmanship and technology that goes into making them.. So the book that I am showcasing this time for KC's Kozy Korner is:


The Encyclopedia of Handheld Weapons
Edited by James Marchington

It is a comprehensive international guide that provides an illustrated source of information. Theres over 350 entries with full details on the background, operation and performance and specifications of the weapons concerned.







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ArtFire - Buy Handmade - Sell Handmade

SELL WITH NO LISTING FEES
Register Here !





Blog Of the Week


Winsome Gunning Art WalkDon't miss all the fun ... go check-out their AWESOME blog !



Visitors Since
June 17th, 2006:















Abbey's Carolinas This-N-That
Annabella's Gift Shop
Ann's Mix-N-Match Mosaics
Bauers Toys For All Ages
Blue Morning Expressions
Carolina Girl
Cookie Jar Junction
Creative Beadz
Cynderellis Books and Crafts
Divine Nature Cosmetics
Fraziers Finds
Gear For Health
HTF Toys and More
JoFlora's Unique Antiques
Kalama Quilts Crafts Books and More
Kathy's Kupboard
KC's Kozy Korner
Lorna’s Re-Use It Decor
Lynn's Vintage Villa
Maggie's Handcraft Studio
More Fond Memories Antiques
My Mercado Mexican Imports
Once Upon A Bid
Paper Lion
Pinman's Stamp Pin Design Store
Red Headed Witch
REJOICE Used Church Choir Music
Scarborough Seashells
Silver Lotus
Solovay Contemporary Art
Something 4 Sum1
Sooshis Corner
STC Rubber Stamps
Take Time For Fun
Teaphoria
0tinam0 Scrapbooks Galore
The Treasure Nest
Treats For All
Winter House Wares

Want to find simply the best service, prices, and selection on eBay ? Search eBay Stores and find exactly what you are looking for !


Make your voice heard.